I came across this website http://www.educatorstechnology.com/ which is a resource of free educational web tools and mobile apps for educators. There is a vast amount of useful information here, too much in fact for me to just summarize it as a good site to keep. Perhaps I will come back to this site at a later date and focus on another topic but today we will just look at the tab "Google Tools." This is the page I want you to see http://www.educatorstechnology.com/search/label/free%20google%20tools
You will find 20 different articles there explaining the different tools and services that can be accessed. Each tool is explained in clear and concise language and many have a video. Here is a sampling of what you will find:
- Google Knowledge Graph-a service to improve search functionality.
- Google Drive-an alternative to Google docs.
- Google Search for Educators-provides a wide variety of lesson plans and live training sessions.
- Google+ 8 ways students can use it.
- Pin Drop-to bookmark favorite locations on Google Maps
- Google Art Projects 3d Tour-visit inside popular museums.
- Google Caption Game-add captions to comics
If you are like me and have not taken the time to educate yourself or develop your skills in technology, this looks like a great way to begin.
Have fun with your kids this week as you prepare for summer.
Leah and Dean
Leah J Musgrave, M.S. CCC-Sp
Dean Trout, retired SLP