Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

2 Gals Speech Products Final Days

It is always hard to say good bye and even more so when good bye is to a little company you have poured your heart and soul into for 5 years.  We have decided to close our doors and not go into debt keeping 2 Gals alive. We were blessed in that our little company stayed afloat for these past years on its own simply from it's own income, which is an accomplishment few start-ups can achieve.  It is unfortunate for us and you that the economy has tanked and budgets cuts seem to always hit the Special Needs Departments first.

When I step back and review these past five years, I find that I have made some of the most beautiful friendships and have met some of the sweetest SLPs one could ever hope to meet.  The SLPs of KY, OHIO, and WV have been our biggest supporters and we will always be indebted to you for standing behind us.  I also want to thank School Specialty Inc. www.speechbin.com, Abilitations, and Speech Corner http://www.speechcorner.com for distributing our CDs in your catalogs.  You have been absolutely wonderful companies with which to work!     

As our time draws nearer, I take heart in knowing it is not because we don't have a good product that we have to close, but rather it is due to these economic times in which we all are suffering.

2 Gals Speech Products, LLC will officially close September 30, 2012.   If you wish to purchase any of our products please do so prior to that date.  Sorry but we not be offering any special going out of business sales.

Sadly, I will also stop blogging at that time as well.

With much regret,
Leah and Dean

12 comments:

  1. Wooh. I just discovered your blog and your products a few weeks ago and I find really sad that you should stop because of economical reasons. I hope you will have some other wonderful projects in the next months or years and I wish you all the best.
    Lydie, french SLP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have time to buy ;)

      It is very sad to close, but keeping a business open does cost money and that is in short supply these days!

      Thanks for taking the time to share these kind words!
      Dean

      Delete
  2. Sad news. Thank you for letting us know. It couldn't have been easy to write everything out. Best of luck with everything in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I couldn't have left you without a good bye and yes it was a very difficult decision to make. We will probably ask ourselves if we threw in the towel too soon and "what-if" our decision to death :)

      Thank you Laura for taking time to send us your best wishes.

      Delete
  3. Dean and Leah,

    I'm so sorry to hear that you're closing your doors! You're both wonderful, creative therapists. I feel blessed to know you both and to have had the benefit of your knowledge/creativity these last few years. God Bless you both.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sad news! I have been inspired by your blog and so many others. Thank you for putting your thoughts and tips out there for all of us. I hope that even though you won't write any new posts, that you keep this available for reference.

    Good luck with the coming school year and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be no problem keeping this blogsite up. Thank you for even asking me to do so.

      Delete
  5. Very sad news! I completely understand though. I have had to end projects due to the economy myself. I know you will end your new blogs at end of Sept. but will your archive still be available in some way? I come to it all the time to get help and ideas. Would love to know so I can go through and store in my own format the blogs that have been most useful to me.

    Thanks so much for all the time and dedication it has taken to keep this blog and your products going. You will be missed!

    Cheryl:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Cheryl, you're going to make me cry! Yes, the blog-site will remain up. I just won't be putting weekly posts up. And who knows I might even pop in from time to time just to say hello. Thanks for taking the time to share your sentiments. It does mean a great deal to me!

      Delete
  6. I'm sad to hear that you guys are closing your doors. I have only just learned of you guys a couple months ago and haven't gotten the chance to purchase your products. How do I go about searching through your products? I don't see any links . Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! Go to www.2galsspeechproducts.com there is a "products" tab on the home page :) If you need any additional help just email me dean@2galsspeechproducts.com

      Delete