Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

PINTEREST

Good Morning everyone! The frost is definitely on the pumpkin this morning here in East Tennessee.....brrrrr. I hope you northern gals up in PA, NJ, and NY regions are staying warm. If you have to be out, I hope it is to enjoy snow day activities with your family and friends.

This weekend's weather is a great segway into today's topic of Pinterest. If you are already using Pinterest you know it is a great way to "while away the day" as well as a great little therapy resource. I know I can lose several hours of time before I realize it on there! Please note: It is addictive, so consider yourself warned!

What is Pinterest you asked? Quoting their own description here:
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.


I am one of these people who bookmark lots of things I discover on the web so this takes all my bookmarks and organizes it in a visual format for me. If you've been reading our blog since the beginning, you know Leah and I are very visual people.

All the detailed information you need to utilize this site can be found in their help section here: http://pinterest.com/about/help/ It is very simple to set up and use.

There are many SLPs, OTs, PTs, and teachers sharing activites on Pinterest that I know you could incorporate into your daily sessions. In fact, I want to highlight one company who has gone above and beyond in finding ideas to use in therapy, PediaStaff (www.pediastaff.com). They are a nationwide company specializing in staffing therapist of all kinds for the pediatric population. They have busted their collective tails searching out resources and building an impressive collections of boards for all of us to use. They have 66 boards on topics ranging from language, phonology, fluency and articulation to fine and gross motor skills, sensory handwriting and many more. There are also boards with therapy ideas for each holiday that therapists enjoy integrating into their therapy lessons. I LOVE these gals!

Pediastaff has a great newsletter you can sign up to receive and I strongly encourage you to do that. They provide interesting articles and blogs in all our collective disciplines. I want to make perfectly clear here that if you sign up for their newsletter or follow them on Pinterest they will not use your information for solicitation purposes. In other words they will not annoy you with recruitment offers! The gals there are great and this is a true gift to the profession with no strings attached.

Now go forth and pin!

Enjoy your therapy this week!

Leah and Dean
www.2galsspeechproducts.com

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for pintrest! And pedia staff too!

    Jenna

    speechroomnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go check it out.....

    ReplyDelete