Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Autism Resources -Part 4

Back to reality....those lyrics float through my mind this morning as we all go back to work. All school systems are back in session after a nice long Christmas break. I always found it hard to get back into the swing of things after being out for the holidays.

My least favorite month used to be January because it seemed to drag on forever. However, now that I work for myself this has changed. I find January doesn’t hold enough days to get everything done to start the New Year. I cannot believe today is Jan 10th already. This weekend will mark the middle of the month...YIKES! Where have the days gone? Speaking of time flying by, I'd better get to the topic at hand :-)

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the immediate practical usage of the website we’re featuring today, http://www.positivelyautism.com/links.html They have so many practical everyday materials, ideas, and lesson plans for our use. I send a big public THANK YOU to them for their wonderful website!

Let me give you a preview of what you'll find there and then you can go explore on your own.

Work Tasks: offers file folder games; independent work; and distinguishing between pictures.

Data Sheets: data collection; discrete trial training; monthly and yearly data graphs; incidental teaching; and self recording data sheets.

Lesson Plans: literacy related

Fine Motor: cutting and tracing activities and make at home fine motor activities

Reinforcement: point and sticker cards.

Visual Aids: inexpensive picture card idea; visual supports for the classroom

Flash Cards: high frequency reading words and color word reading cards

Social Skills/Stories: (limited) previous websites I have mentioned offer more

Worksheets, Handouts, Assessments and Games

You may be able to use everything or just a few gems from here, but regardless, I think this is a tremendous asset to your Autism therapy bag!

Next week our blog will focus on a site that offers a plethora of PRINTABLES!

Until then, enjoy your therapy and your time with your kids this week!

Dean and Leah

www.2galsspeechproducts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment